Types of Information Collected
Purposes of Information Collection - Uses and Disclosure
- We may collect and process information about your physical location, such as signals sent by a mobile device.
- We use Payment Data solely to check creditworthiness and collect payments, for which we may utilize third-party service providers.
- We may provide Payment Data to third-party service providers to manage credit card payments and processing. These service providers are not permitted to store, retain, or use Payment Data except for the sole purpose of processing credit card payments on our behalf. However, we cannot control such third-party service providers and we assume no responsibility for their improper use or disclosure of your information.
- We may share non-personally-identifiable information, such as aggregated demographic information or information about your visits to this and other websites, with partners and/or advertisers to enable them to promote or advertise goods and/or services that may be of interest to you.
- We may use your comments and feedback for promotional and marketing purposes (including in connection with advertisements or customer testimonials), unless you opt out.
- We may disclose your Personal Data and other information if required to do so by law or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to (i) conform to the requirements of the law, (ii) comply with legal process served on us or the Site, or (iii) protect and defend our rights or property or those of our users or other parties.
How your information is protected:
We protect the security of the personal information you provide. Personal information we collect is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access, and we carefully protect this information from loss or misuse, and from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction in accordance with industry standards. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be completely secure. Although we use commercially reasonable measures to protect the security of data transmitted to us, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Site and are not responsible for the actions of any third party that may obtain unauthorized access to that data.
Merger or acquisition:
Third party links:
Voluntary sharing of information on the Site:
You understand that when you post or transmit content or information, including Personal Data and Company Data, to publicly accessible portions of the Site (including forums, chat rooms and bulletin boards) or to other Site users, that such content or information will be made available to other parties who then may collect and use or further disclose such content or information. We have no obligation with respect to information, including Personal Data, Payment Data and Company Data, that you post to publicly accessible areas of our Site or with respect to how other parties may use or disclose information that you transmit or make available to them.
Your ability to access and edit your Personal Data:
You have the ability to view and edit the Personal Data that you provide to us by accessing and editing the profile under your password-protected account. We encourage you to promptly update the Personal Data previously provided to us if it changes. When updating your Personal Data, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may reject requests that are overly broad or unduly burdensome or that violate the privacy of others. In circumstances where we can provide access and editing, we will do so for free unless it would require a disproportionate effort on our part in which case we reserve the right to assess an appropriate fee to perform the request. Even though you edit your Personal Data, we may keep a copy of the prior version(s) for our archives.
Your choices regarding our collection, retention and use of your Personal Data; requests for deletion of your Personal Data:
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The Site and the Services are not intended or directed to persons who are minors (typically persons under the age of 18, depending on where you live) and we do not intentionally collect Personal Data or other information from minors. By setting up an account on the Site, a user represents to us that he or she is not a minor. If we obtain actual knowledge that a user is a minor, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Data from our databases.
US-EU & Swiss-US Privacy Shield
Bitglass is a participant in the European Union (EU)–United States (US) Privacy Shield as well as the Switzerland (Swiss) – US Privacy Shield.
Please note that we may be required to disclose your personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Attention: Privacy Complaints
675 Campbell Technology Parkway Suite 225
Campbell, CA 95008
Bitglass has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://bbbprograms.org/privacy-shield-complaints/ for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.