Encryption can be a highly effective way to protect sensitive data in Salesforce, but the cloud encryption offered by most CASB solutions either break application functionality, or even worse, weaken encryption in order to preserve those same operations. Bitglass HarborTM is the only full-strength, operations preserving encryption offering on the market, protected by US Patent 9,047,480 and is used by leaders in financial services, healthcare, and more.
Harbor provides full-strength, operations preserving cloud encryption for both fields and files in Salesforce, ensuring comprehensive data security and privacy, while maintaining full application functionality. The OmniTM multi-protocol proxy architecture, ensures robust, real-time protection from any device. Key management can be integrated with your own premises-based or cloud HSM solutions, or you can leverage Bitglass’ integrated key management system.
Key features include:
- Patented, FIPS compliant 256-bit AES encryption with 256-bit initialization vectors, provides industry standard, military grade encryption without compromising application functionality
- Easy-to-use policy engine provides encryption at both the field level (structured data) and at the file level (unstructured data). For field-level encryption, Bitglass automatically maps data models and creates simple, point-and-click encrypt and/or decrypt functionality. When using file-level encryption, DLP pattern matching and several other contextual variables can be used to apply encryption conditionally.
- Leverage Bitglass’ integrated key management or integrate with your own key management system via KMIP
- Only Bitglass provides comprehensive cloud-to-device coverage, encrypting data in Salesforce, in-transit, and on the device (even unmanaged devices).
- Comprehensive support for all cloud security concerns including DLP, visibility, access control, mobile data protection and more.
- Deploy in minutes using Bitglass’ globally-hosted, high-performance SaaS solution or on your premises or private cloud
- Future proof support for dozens of cloud applications like Office 365, Box, Dropbox, ServiceNow and more.