Report Finds That Bitglass Protects Enterprise Apps, Mobile Data as Well as Traditional MDM Without the Headaches
CAMPBELL, CA – Dec. 14, 2017 - Bitglass, the Next-Gen CASB company, today announced that the Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) published its latest ESG Lab Review, which focuses on Bitglass’ next-gen cloud access security broker (CASB) solution. The report evaluates Bitglass on how it provides access control, data loss prevention, and threat prevention for data that has moved outside the firewall via public cloud applications and managed and unmanaged devices.
The report validates Bitglass’ ability to deliver a comprehensive CASB solution for custom apps, unknown apps, and an impressively large list of predefined apps. Report author and senior validation analyst Tony Palmer also touts Bitglass’ ability to protect mobile data as well as traditional mobile device management (MDM) solutions without using on-device software or agents.
The ESG Lab report states – “The vast majority of organizations today are either already using applications on public cloud services or have plans to deploy cloud apps. Combined with the increasing use of mobile devices and bring your own devices (BYOD) for access to potentially sensitive data, this presents a unique challenge to CISOs and IT departments.”
“Bitglass’ Next-Gen agentless architecture uniquely combines rapid deployment with real-time data and threat protection for any application on any device,” said Rich Campagna, Bitglass CEO. “We will continue to drive the CASB market forward as organizations look to secure their evolving cloud footprint with a real-time data and threat protection solution that is easy to deploy.”
The review takes a deep dive into several of Bitglass’ core functionalities, focusing on its unique agentless architecture. The Bitglass CASB solution overdelivers, as Palmer affirms “… with no agents or certificates required…Bitglass provided protection for data at rest in multiple public cloud-based applications, including data loss prevention and suspicious activity alerting.”
Bitglass Scores High Marks In:
- Scanning and identifying sensitive data at rest
- Setting up DLP patterns
- Enabling malware protection for known applications
- Setting up policies for predefined, custom, and unmanaged/shadow IT applications
- All mobile access security use cases – including onboarding, securing access to and storage of data on the device and remote wipe
ESG’s Conclusion: “If your organization is currently using or planning to use public cloud applications with or without BYOD and mobile access, ESG Lab recommends taking a very close look at Bitglass.”
The Bitglass approach:
- Provides secure access from any device with contextual access control, data leakage prevention, integrated multi-factor authentication, and single sign-on (SSO).
- Uses 256-bit AES encryption to secure data in the cloud while preserving key functionality like search and sort.
- Secures data on mobile devices and unmanaged BYOD assets without the need for agents or certificate installation.
- Detects unmanaged Shadow IT apps and controls those applications on managed endpoints..
Download a complimentary copy of the ESG Lab Spotlight: https://pages.bitglass.com/ESG_Lab_Spotlight_Bitglass_CASB.html
Bitglass, the Next-Gen CASB company, is based in Silicon Valley with offices worldwide. The company's cloud security solutions deliver zero-day, agentless, data and threat protection for any app, any device, anywhere. Bitglass is backed by Tier 1 investors and was founded in 2013 by a team of industry veterans with a proven track record of innovation and execution.