encrypt dropbox cloud data-at-rest
Dropbox has become the cloud file sharing platform of choice for consumers, leading many to demand access to the same app for corporate use. Unfortunately, security & compliance is a must have any many organizations have shied away from enterprise Dropbox use over concerns about external sharing, access from unmanaged devices, potential for breach, and more. The best way to overcome these challenges and give users the file sharing app that they want? Cloud encryption. The problem is that first generation CASB cloud encryption solutions fall short - offering either weak encryption or breaking key functions in the app. Bitglass HarborTM is the only full-strength, operations preserving encryption offering on the market, protected by US Patent 9,047,480 and is used by leaders in financial services, healthcare, and more.
With Bitglass, you can choose to encrypt data before it is uploaded to Dropbox. Our solution allows you to encrypt all data in Dropbox, or a subset, such as files that match cloud DLP policies. This provides the protection you need, while maintaining full application functionality. The OmniTM multi-protocol proxy architecture, ensuring robust, real-time protection from any device. Key management can be integrated with your own premises-based or cloud HSM solutions, or you can leverage Bitglass’ integrated key management system.
Key features include:
- Protect all or some of your Dropbox deployment with Bitglass' patented, operations preserving 256-bit AES encryption with 256-bit initialization vectors.
- DLP pattern matching and several other contextual variables can be used to apply encryption to only those files containing sensitive information.
- Flexible key management architecture provides native key management or integration with leading KMS systems via standards-based KMIP interface.
- Unique in the CASB space, end-to-end encryption for data-at-rest, as well as both upload and download activities – comprehensive cloud-to-device coverage only Bitglass can provide
- Comprehensive support across all of your cloud applications including DLP, visibility, access control, mobile data protection and more.
- Deploy in minutes using Bitglass’ globally-hosted, high-performance SaaS solution or on your premises or private cloud
- Future proof support for a wide range of cloud applications like Salesforce, Office 365, Box, ServiceNow and more.