Technical Support and Deployment Engineer
At Bitglass, we are on a mission to protect enterprise data as it moves beyond the firewall to the new frontiers of cloud and mobile. Our innovative technologies transcend the network perimeter to deliver zero-day, total data protection for the enterprise, anywhere data goes, anytime.
Candidates should possess good troubleshooting and reasoning skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, desire to work on networking, security, web, mobile, and other server-client technologies.
This is a mid-level role - We are looking for someone with a few years of experience under their belt. As well, a strong appetite for assisting customers with deploying and supporting our world-class security product.
Bitglass is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Primarily be responsible for deployment and technical support of our customers.
- Able to troubleshoot complex communication between clients and servers infrastructures on the fly.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, work with senior engineers to help resolve issues
- Comfortable with writing a few technical articles now and then to assist with growing both our internal and public facing knowledgebase.
- Able to handle and cope with stressful situations and understands the pressures of a start-up environment.
- Eagerness to learn lots of new technologies
- Proficient with troubleshooting a wide variety of applications using common tools (etc. Wireshark, tcpdump, Fiddler, Charles, OpenSSL, grep, and Kibana)
- A good grasp with how clients and servers communicate with each other (DNS, HTTL, SSL, etc.)
- Experience with typical client and server operating systems as a user and/or Administrator (Windows, Linux, iOS, MacOS, Android.)
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree is preferred.