Bitglass is a rapidly growing cloud security company - the Wall Street Journal’s #1 Tech Company to Watch in 2018 and a Gartner Magic Quadrant leader. With rock solid technology, an amazing team, ample funding from tier 1 venture capital firms, and hundreds of customers in a broad range of industries, we’re growing every day.
Bitglass is still small enough that you’ll have opportunities to wear different hats and work creatively on a variety of projects, while also expanding quickly enough that there is a lot of room for personal growth. It’s an exciting environment for learning and developing one’s career. We offer candidates competitive salaries, benefits, and stock packages.
If you are passionate about learning new technologies and understanding how they work, if you are interested in an opportunity to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new level, then this could be the right fit for you. We are looking for a creative Performance Engineer to help us focus on the scalability and performance of our products and create meaningful benchmarks that address engineering, ops and customer use cases.
- Conduct performance testing to simulate how a system will perform under production loads and to anticipate issues that might arise during heavy load conditions.
- Bring your passion to contribute to an exceptional customer experience regarding the performance and scalability of our suite of products.
- Capture, analyze metrics and usage trends to highlight performance improvements in the product to delight customers.
- Collect, aggregate and publish performance tuning guidelines.
- Define, develop and perform performance/scalability benchmarks on Bitglass systems and services.
- Design, setup and maintain performance test environments for physical and virtual platforms
- Efficiently working with various profiling tools to identify performance and concurrency bottleneck, propose and implement optimizations to improve systems and services
- JVM configuration.
- Design load testing and profiling with tools such as JMeter, LoadRunner, JProfiler, YourKit.
- Identify and analyze performance bottlenecks from development to potential customer production environments
- Identify future performance needs and architectural changes based on application scale
- Implement and improve sizing and capacity calculators for key on-premise and cloud systems and services
- Thrives in a highly dynamic environment
- Work closely with developers to tune for optimal performance under load.
- Working knowledge of system administration across Linux and Windows.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or the equivalent in experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Performance Engineering and Benchmarking.
- Skilled in both the art and science of benchmark creation and measurement and modeling of system behavior under load.
- Ability to find the root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools, pstack, qml profiler.
- Passionate to optimize the performance bottlenecks and improve the product.
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments.
- Capable in any of scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby) and compiled languages (Java)
- Familiar or experienced with Linux, Docker, AWS, GIT, Artifactory in terms of both tools and systems administration.
- Automated software test frameworks.
- Familiar or experienced with building performance analysis tools, custom dashboards and framework development using open source tools.
- Familiar or experienced with network virtualization and automation (Cloud Platforms and NFV).
- Familiar or experienced with architecture, application design, and development guidance that ensures performance and scalability.
- Familiar or experienced with load testing and profiling tools such as JMeter, LoadRunner, JProfiler, YourKit.
- Familiar with SQL performance tuning.
- Stock options and 401k plan
- Generous company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage.
- Commuter benefits program.
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks.
Bitglass is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.